Subrepos enable a git repository to reference other git repositories.
- I generally don't use subrepos.
- Handled subrepos can result in additional security vulnerabilities.
- There are different approaches to checking them out to try to avoid tripping over the previous point...
- I don't think that GitHub will allow annotations on items from subrepositories.
- I suspect that properly tagging errors in subrepos will be fairly hard (essentially each file reference needs to do some complicated lookup instead of assuming the path is correct).
Just do it
Caveats aside, a naive implementation that ignores all the likely problems and at least is able to report unrecognized words as seen in a checkout shouldn't be too hard.
If you need something before this feature is implemented, you can basically remove the
.git directory, do a
git init, a
git add ., and a
git commit before check-spelling runs.